Join Moots and the Cyclepath crew for the second annual Wine Ride! We have a casual road/gravel route mapped out and a healthy, albeit limited number of demo bikes courtesy of Moots, plus some great food & drink lined up for the after-party. So ride with us for a few hours, then we can all sit back, relax and enjoy the taco-wine recovery process.
The ride, demo and after-party are free, but space is limited to 50 riders. Please RSVP to Mitch@CyclepathPDX.com
Grochau Cellars is a beautiful little winery southeast of McMinnville, Oregon. If the weather cooperates we will have an amazing view of the Willamette valley and plenty of shade under the trees around the property. Better yet, John Grochau, the winemaker & proprietor, brings his road racing background to the business which explains the bike-themed wine labels and names, making him the perfect guy to partner with this years ride!
“John Grochau, owner and winemaker at Grochau Cellars, came to winemaking thanks to an unlikely first career: as a bike racer in France.
In his early twenties, John raced for local French teams in the Loire Valley, where he was first exposed to the winemaking landscape. When he returned to his hometown of Portland, Oregon, he started working in the restaurant business and quickly discovered an even greater passion for wine. After four years as the assistant winemaker at the biodynamic Brick House, John’s first vintage at Grochau Cellars was 2002.”
- Sunday, June 26th, 2016
- 8:30a Moots demo bike pickup
- 9:00a Rider meet-up
- 9:30am Roll out
- 1:30-2:30p Return
- 2:00-4:00p Food
- 5:00 Game over
- Start/stop at Grochau Cellars
- Map to Grochau Cellars
- Map of the route – please upload this into your Garmin in advance!!!
- GPX File – Perfect for Garmin – Contact Mitch with any questions.
- 55 miles
- 25% gravel
- 2,600ft of climbing (most of the climbing comes at the very end – the climb back up to Grochau Cellars)
- A small aid station at the half way point, just before we roll into Sheridan, and will be stocked with water, Skratch Labs drink mix, and bananas.
- Moots’ Sprinter van will be at the back – if you encounter an issue, just stay on the route and the van will be by shortly with assistance, or to give you a ride.
- In the event of an emergency, call us. There will be a couple phone numbers given out on the morning of the event.
- Email Mitch@CyclepathPDX.com with any additional questions!
While this ride is open to anyone with any bike who RSVPs, if you own a Moots or have an interest in the brand or a specific model, this is the ride for you! Moots will have several demo bikes floating around for anyone who is interested. This ride includes a decent amount of gravel and while most road bikes with 25c tires will be sufficient, getting on a proper gravel or ‘cross bike will ensure you’re ready to party. Please plan to pickup your demo bikes around 8:30 which should give us plenty of time to get you dialed-in.
Email Mitch@cyclepathPDX.com to reserve your bike!
- ROAD + GRAVEL
54 Vamoots RSL 56 Vamoots RSL
- 58 Vamoots RSL
50 Vamoots DISC ROAD 54 Vamoots DISC ROAD 56 Vamoots DISC ROAD 60 Vamoots DISC ROAD 52 Vamoots CR 56 Vamoots CR 52 Routt 54 Routt 45 56 Routt 58 Routt
- 17 Rogue YBB (Boost 148)
- 19 Mooto-X YBB
- Small Mountaineer
- Large Mountaineer